

Ahhhh, it's Saturday. I love Saturday's! The sun creaps through the window blinds and slowly crawls up my face to my eyes. I wake up and head to the kitchen to start on some breakfast. Scrambled eggs and a banana are on the menu today. The morning consisted of taking the dogs for a morning run (with Samuel in the go cart), and a family rolling up the driveway. The Waylands arrive to hook up a trailer and move their son to TU for his new adventure in college. Samuel helps them hook up the trailer to their truck and they are off. What fun! We quickly get ready and leave Westport and head home to meet Parousia and Ruth (Samuel's brother and sister) for our appointed morning workout at CrossFit. Today will be Parousia's first CrossFit Workout! We are so excited for him! We get to CrossFit Jenks and find the athletes in the at the end of their WOD "Fight Gone Bad". They are so strong. After they finish, Breck clears the gym for the intro class. We chit chat with the CrossFitters and catch up from our trip. Then we glance in to check up on P-Dog...he is getting ready to show Breck how many pulls ups he can do (just to give him an idea of where his fitness level is). The guy before him got one. He is up and...1, 2, 3, 4, 5!!! Go P-Dog!!!! They were perfect form! We were so proud (we also gave each other a "behind the back" high five). They get ready to perform their 1st WOD. Sameul and I join them. 3, 2, 1 GO! We were off on the C2 rowers. I had a steady pace, and I thought I would be the 1st one off the rower, but my husband beat me. Then everyone headed over to squats (except me, since my knee is still giving me fits). I head to do dips (tricep dips that is). Feel the burn, oh yea!!! Then we are all into our sits ups, then our push ups, and last but not least our pull ups. My arms are fried now and I go to do all my pull ups and only get 1 in (embarrasing!). Then I suck it up and finish the last 9. Parousia did great! Samuel beat us all (of course).
We help clean up and close the gym and head home to change (we had a fun ride home, but I will let P-dog tell that tale).
After changing we drove back out to Westport to pick up our next missions equipment, and some lunch. My mom had marinated a steak and asparagus for us to grill. Oh so yummy!!!!!
We fill up and had out to....the gun range! Another 1st for P-Dog.
We stayed at the plinking range for a while helping him get the hang of things and while I tried out Samuel's new 9mm (I LOVE IT!!!!). After quite a few shot up bottles, we changed course and headed to the short rifle range. This one is so fun. There are little metal animals all set up and when you actually hit one, they fall down or make a distinct pinging sound. I fell more accomplished on this range.
After a few rounds and pictures, its time to head home and clean up for Kylie and Lee's party.
No comments:
Post a Comment