Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm in CA


Well, as soon as I got to CA and opened my camera, the battery died and guess what...no battery place within my reach! So I had to wait until last night when we made a quick run to a nearby Radio Shack. Now I'm back in business. I only have a few pics to show right now, but I will have more shortly!

It is so beautiful here! As soon as I got to Solana Beach via Amtrak, my Aunt and Uncle took me to Jake's (I wish I had pics!). It was a seafood restaurant right on the beach and our table overlooked the ocean. Ohhhh how I have missed that smell. The smell of salt water and sand. And the temperature...so perfect! We started off with an appetizer of two fish tacos then moved on to our main course. I ate salmon in a wasabi and red wine sauce topped with macadamia nuts with a side of mixed spring veggies and asparagus. Oh my gosh...it was so wonderful. Then I found out during dinner that that very day, Aug. 5th was Aunt Pat and Uncle Keiths 37th year anniversary! So I told the waiter and he brought out a special dessert called hula pie. It had an oreo crust, macadamia nut ice cream, topped with whipped cream. Wow! I only had few bites, but it was so worth it.

My Aunt and Uncle's house burned down this last year during the fires. It didn't get every house, but it did get theirs. It has just recently been rebuilt and they have most everything refurbished (but not the priceless things...pics, jewelry, etc.). It is a beautiful house in a great neighborhood. They are still finishing up some of their neighbors houses...so there in construction during the day.

Yesterday we went shopping at Costco (like Sam's Club in T-town) and then a place called Henry's (which is like our Whole Foods). I got all kinds of fresh fruit and veggies and chicken. Oh, and the best beef jerky ever! On our way back home we passed a massive fire on the side of the road. I got to see the helicopter come and drop a load of water right on top of the fire. They got it out pretty quick. Did I mention how beautiful it is out here?

I have been waking up at 5 am every morning and finally figured out it is b/c that is 7 am our time. So I lay there for about an hour til everyone gets up. :) Today I got to go to their country club and run on the treadmill and sunbathe by the pool. Then we stopped into an Estate sale. This place was a like some Chinese museum. It was incredible. We may go back Sunday for the half price day and see what is left. Later we will pick up my rental car and I will be off to check out the local CrossFit's.
More pics to come! I moved the photo gallery to the top right...this way it will be easier to find! :)

No comments: