Monday, September 7, 2009

Trip to Dripping Springs, TX

It's Labor Day weekend, and we head down to Big 'Ol Texas to see my dad's side of the family. We decide to take I-35, for the first time ever (instead of 75) and ended up sitting in OKC for just under 2 hrs in traffic...not moving...staring at a long line of brake lights. Ugh! I even got off an hour early from work to head down and make our arrival an early one. But that plan got shot in the foot and we ended up in Dripping Springs, TX at 2:30 a.m. But surprisingly, the two cups of coffee I had drank kicked in and I chatted up a storm until 3:30 (as well as some handstand's in the middle of the den). Everyone waited up to see us. It was so good to see them all!
We got up early to try and make a CrossFit workout in Austin. In my made rush to get ready, I noticed that I left my running shoes in Tulsa. Not just in the house forgetting to grab them..no, no...I forgot them in the driveway. I just had a brain fart and didn't lift them the extra 4 feet into the truck. Crazy Kelsey! We missed class. It just kept talking to everyone who came down for breakfast and I was having a lot of fun making everyone omelets, Kelsey style! But no problem! There was a farmers market just up the road that looked fun!
We walked around, carefully examining all the "fun" things they have at these events. I pet pretty much every dog there. There was a black Newfoundland named Hendrix that was the sweetest, biggest, furriest dog I have every met!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Uncle Rob was making a delicious dinner! Honey roasted ham and a potato casserole. It was so yummy!
Sunday, I gave my grandpa a manicure and pedicure. He isn't able to get out much anymore, and has lost most of his sight. He really enjoyed it! Then my dad took me and Samuel to Hamilton Pool. This is a beautiful, hidden place! You hike to get down to it, then you arrive at a spring fed pool, partially enclosed by a cave with a waterfall. It was so pretty! And so full! We had to wait 30 minutes to get into the park. Samuel and I went to go swimming, but the "below normal human" temperatures allowed only my legs to acclimate...then we made a fast exit! The beach was filling up even more with Austin's weirdest, so we decided it was time to make like a baby and head out.
Monday we said our goodbyes and were on the road by 9 and home by 5.

No comments: